The Blac or Bleu Book writing contest
The European Union has officially declared war on plastic waste dumping in our oceans. China has also stepped up it's efforts by banning imports of foreign recyclable material. The European Union also plan to achieve a 55% plastic recycled percentage by 2030 along with strict requirements for member states to reduce the use of bags per person from 90 a year to 40 by 2026. Side by side with current spending, additional €100m is being invested into research which will include better designs, durability and recyclability. All member states will be put under an obligatory “monitor and reduce marine litter program".
- According to popular beleif, how long does it take for single use plastics to be produced and broken down.
- Name five examples of single use plastics.
- What effects will these policies have on the average consumer. Does it infringe on their freedom of choice.
- How will it affect Businesses and the way they produce and market their products. e.g soda companies, water bottles, etc.
- Across the globe, what percentage of beach litter account for plastics.
Based on your researched facts how would you implement a similar program in the United States in an effort to show the modern world our contribution towards a cleaner environment. Take into consideration a reduction in consumer demand, forced policies as well as corporate benefits.
Our official production magazine, The Blac & Bleu Book was released July fourth, 2018. In an attempt to provide a variety of input and perspective on our chosen subject matter, we would like to host our first quarterly writing contest. The contest will be open to the general public. If you have a natural talent for and enjoy writing, then this may be a great opportunity for you to express your point of views on a variety of subject matter. However, with regards to quarterly cash and prizes entry is only open to Subscribers & Service Providers of our production magazine. The closing date on the contest will be September eighteenth. See our entry rules and terms and conditions