The Blac or Bleu Book writing contest
In 2018 i can safely say that our local law enforcement agencies nationwide has been in the spot light with regards for the civil rights of it's citizens. Resulting in the prosecution of officers, riots sparked by fatal innocent shootings accusations by the public, failed justice in our legal system as well as videos displaying unnecessary roughness. This has given rise to the police body cam proposed and enforced as a solution to protect the officers on duty from prosecution in the event someone gets killed. In this video a well known Chicago rapper was pulled over, interrogated then later arrested.
- The officer explained to the Citizen he was in the process of writing him a handicapped ticket, didn't get the opportunity and decided to pull him over instead. He requested
that the Citizen step pot the car. He refused. State in you opinion why you think he refused.
- Do you believe his rights were being violated
- State how you would feel you were in the Citizen's predicament with regards to the body cam recording detailed scenery of the inside of your vehicle, then later posted to social media.
- Do you believe he was being racially profiled or stereo typed. If so based on what factors, skin color, social media presence, music, influence within the community etc.
- Give a brief history of his background, place of origin, net worth and his contributions to hip hop.
- How would you have reacted if you were in the same circumstance minus the outcome.
- State which right you believe were violated if any with cited resource. Must be a legal document.
The Blac & Bleu Book was released July fourth, 2018. In an attempt to provide a variety of input and perspective on our chosen subject matter, we would like to host our first quarterly writing contest. The contest will be open to the general public. If you have a natural talent for and enjoy writing, then this may be a great opportunity for you to express your point of views on a variety of subject matter. However, with regards to quarterly cash and prizes entry is only open to Subscribers & Service Providers of our production magazine. The closing date on the contest will be September eighteenth. See our entry rules and terms and conditions